Our Real Estate Blog
Windows are like the eyes of your home. They come in different sizes, styles and colors.Install the right windows and you could make your house look bigger. Quality windows could also improve your mood, help you to enjoy deeper sleep and inspire you to be more alert during the day, especially if you work out of a home office.
Beautiful window options that make your house look bigger
A low cost option that gives your rooms a larger look and feel are windows with thin or only a single pane. These types of windows may go from the ceiling to the floor. They also come in short, long designs. If you doubt that these windows can make a room appear larger, visit a business.
Many large companies have only one large pane. Museums are another facility with windows with thin or single glass panes. Notice how large the room feels. These windows can also make your house look bigger.
- Bay windows (These windows not only make your house look bigger, they also add personality to your house, from the inside and out).
- Forget dark, heavy drapes (The more well lit your house is, the larger the interior of your house may appear. Great natural light streaming into your house also lifts your mood.)
- Tall, clear windows (Again, opt for thin or single pane windows. Tall, clear windows work whether they are glass or plexi-glass.)
- Decorate horizontal edges of window panes with a line of beige, tan, light green or another pastel color
- Install windows so that you can look out at your yard
- Put your widescreen television close to a window,just make sure that there is no glare
- Install windows near cathedral ceilings. Wide windows work well near cathedral ceilings.
- Place your sofa near a window (The more outdoors you bring into your home, even it's only by putting great outdoor landscapes within each reach of your windows, the larger your house may feel.)
- Windows in the ceiling (Don't stop with installing regular windows. Install windows in your ceiling too.)
- Long mirrors (Intersperse long mirrors between windows. It also works to place long mirrors next to glass shower doors.)
- Exterior wood shutters (can make your house look smaller, especially if the shutter doors don’t open fully)
- Efficient, insulated windows help lower utility bills
Neutral colors on your house walls work like light colored drapes. They offer a brighter, more vibrant look and feel to a room. Lighter, neutral colors can also make a room appear larger. When you combine colors and window treatment textures with window sizes, shapes and designs, you can enjoy greater benefits of your work. You might even decide that your current house does, in fact, meet all of your space needs. Removing clutter from your house is another easy fix to a larger house. So too is getting and staying organized.
Selling a condo may seem like a tall task, particularly for those who plan to list a property on the real estate market for the first time. However, condo sellers can take the guesswork out of listing a property and maximizing its value if they consider a few simple questions, such as:
1. How Much Is My Condo Worth?
The price that you paid for your condo initially is unlikely to match your property's worth today. As such, you'll want to conduct plenty of research into the real estate market to assess your condo's worth and price your property accordingly.
Hiring a home appraiser is ideal, as this professional will be able to evaluate your residence and establish a value for it. Plus, a home appraiser can help you identify any "red flags," i.e. problem areas that may prevent you from maximizing the value of your condo.
Don't forget to assess the prices of similar condos in your area too. By doing so, you can get a better idea about how much comparable residences are selling for in your city or town and set a competitive price for your residence.
2. What Sets My Condo Apart from Others That Are Available?
Before you add your condo to the real estate market, you'll want to consider features that may help your property stand out from others that are available.
For example, if you live in a condo community that offers access to a swimming pool and tennis courts, you'll want to include this information in your property listing. Or, if your condo provides a reserved parking spot for you and additional parking for guests, you'll want to provide condo buyers with these details as well.
As a condo seller, you'll want to do whatever you can to differentiate your property from others, regardless of whether you list your residence in a buyer's or seller's market. If you highlight features that help your condo stand out, you can stir up significant interest in your residence as soon as it becomes available.
3. How Can I Optimize the Value of My Condo?
Unfortunately, the real estate market can be unpredictable. And even if you perform ample housing market research, there is no guarantee that you'll be able to streamline the condo selling process and maximize the value of your residence. But if you hire a real estate agent, you can boost your chances of selling your condo.
A real estate agent may boast many years of condo selling experience and understand what it takes to generate interest in a property. He or she also will be able to provide valuable tips and guidance to ensure that you can list your property at the right price in any real estate market. In addition, if you ever have concerns or questions about selling your condo, your real estate agent will be able to respond to your queries without delay.
Employ a real estate agent to help you sell your condo, and you can move one step closer to maximizing the value of your property.
100 N Folsom Ave, East Bridgewater, MA 02333